Built specifically for riders who are not quite ready for an adult-size bicycle, but have outgrown a 24-inch bike, the Meerkat is their ticket to adventure and independence. The Meerkat is a kid's all-terrain bike that is fast, sleek, and styled to appeal to the 10- to 12-year-old in your life. The 26-inch wheels roll that much faster than 24" and provide a solid platform for taller riders. The Sturmey Archer trigger shifter and 5-speed internally geared hub offer maintenance-free, buttery smooth shifting for thousands of miles. The Meerkat 26 inch is a practical bike, comfortable in urban settings because it's easy to lock up, has no derailleur to get bent in a bike rack, and rolls smoothly over the most pothole-filled route. It's just as capable on a weekend bikepacking trip, just add knobby tires up to 2.35" and your Meerkat is ready to roll for days in the backcountry. To determine the best fit, Cleary suggests measuring your child's inseam and referencing their size chart.
- The Meerkat best fit for riders with an inseam of 22" to 26".
- The Meerkat has a low bottom bracket height, which allows a rider with a 22" inseam to comfortably start out on the Meerkat.
- The seat tube angle on the Meerkat allows the bike fit to grow along with the rider.
- The seat moves up and back as you increase saddle height, so even a 5' tall rider will fit the bike well.
|Lightweight 1020 alloy steel suspension corrected frame & fork with disc brake compatible dropouts for single speed, internal geared hub, or rear derailleur
|Alloy front disc hub w/Allen style QR, Sturmey Archer RX-RK5 5 speed internal gear hub
|26" x 1.9"
|FSA sealed bearing
|152mm alloy 3 piece cranks
|Sturmey Archer DLC50 trigger shifter
|19 tooth w/hub
|Tektro HD-291 junior disc brakes w/160mm front & 140mm rear rotors
|600mm/24" wide, 22.2mm diameter handlebar with 15mm rise
|Cleary large grips
|50mm alloy 1 1/8" w/ 25.4mm clamp
|FSA sealed 1 1/8" headset
|25.4mm x 300mm alloy
|Vegan leather saddle
|VP JR pedals 9/16"
* Subject to change without notice.